Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sundi Home For The Summer

 Sundi went to work with me in Pocatello, ID,
but while I worked she hung out with Sophia and her little boys, Aidan and Asher.
(Robert's oldest sister and nephews)
They went to the park, the mall, and got frozen yogurt.
I am glad that she was able to do that, I knew she would be bored hanging around the store.
She came with me so she could help me pick out flowers to plant at home.
There were so many flowers we loved, we couldn't decide so we started just getting a little of everything.
McKee's Garden & Pet have a cute petting zoo in the back.
They didn't have all of the animals they had in the past, sad!

She was a big help while planting, kept me moving when I slowed down and kept me focused.
"Mom? MOM? Listen to me for a second........."
The cats hung out with us and Zeus ran off with a flower thinking he really had something.
When he thinks he has been caught with something he will just sit there for a while, 
"Don't even try taking this from me"

 We are invited to Valanna's (another sister of Robert's) baby shower and
wanted to make a rag blanket.
After turning the living room to a sewing room we got busy.
Sundi had never used a rotter cutter and could not get a clean cut.
She almost quit on me, but I kept her going till she finally got comfortable
with using the cutter  and became a pro.
She sewed a little, but she was more comfortable with cutting, pinning and snipping.
She worked hard, she has the blister to show for it.
I could not stop laughing at the picture with her cutting and her tongue out.
I'm still laughing!!
 I am so grateful to Ron Wangsgaurd router tilling and Lloyd Briggs spreading manure on the garden.
I had been wanting manure for weeks, and then it came!
While I was in the kitchen, I thought I  hear a tractor,  I DID!
There was Bro. Briggs coming down the road, pulling his spreader full of manure behind him.
I came back in the house yelling, "My manure is finally here, Woo Whoooo!"
The spreader was wonderful, it did spread it everywhere but at least we don't have to shovel it around. 
It's pretty strong smelling. Blue said, "And we are eating food grown in that?"
 What do you do when your chickens lay 8-10 eggs a day?
You make yummy German Pancakes.
Sundi, Blue and I can eat both of these 9X13 pans!

GERMAN PANCAKES
12 eggs
2 C milk 
2 C flour
1 pinch salt
2 tsp vanilla
4 Tbs sugar
Mix all ingredients with beater.
While mixing ingredients, place 2 9x13 glass pans in oven while preheating oven to 350'
Place a 1/2 of cube of marg or butter in each pan to melt.
Pour half  batter into each pan and bake for 20-25 min.
The sides will rise up high and become a little toasted.
Serve with syrup or fresh fruit.
 Can you see the Robin laying in her nest?
How do they choose where they should build their nest?
I have to say she is pretty well disguised? 
It feels so good to get things done around the yard,
Sundi said, "Your yard doesn't look too bad"
We have had Sundi home for 3 wks till she found a job at Wal Mart.
She left today for Logan.
She has done a lot of packing and unpacking over the past 3 years.
She will live with Valanna during the week and come home for the weekends.
The day care here called her for a job but just part time.
She was excited to have them call her, 
because that is the job she wanted but they didn't offer her enough. 
I would love for her to be here, but with me working and there not being enough to do 
around here I know she gets bored.
She watches too much "Scrubs" episodes on her lap top.
After a few days here she kept saying, "Mom, I want a treat"
"Well, what king of treat do you want?"
"I don't know"
I bought a cookie at the video store, "That isn't the kind of treat I wanted"
"Well, what kind?"
"I don't know"
She said, "I am tired of eating beans and hot cereal"
So the next day while out of town I call her, "What do you want? I will get it"
"MEATLOAF!"
"Meatloaf? Ok"
After that, every time I asked, "What do you want? What should I make for dinner?
What should I make for Wind (when he stopped in for a visit)?
She said, "Meatloaf"
I love you Sundi

1 comment:

Pam said...

I am so happy that you have Sundi home more. I will miss my kids terribly when they are out of the house. I have never heard of anyone so excited to get manure! I am glad that it finally came. I can't wait to see you!