Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning

Troy and Blue cutting the tree that Blue picked out for us (not Christmas morning).

The cats ran into the house every opportunity they got. They would go straight to the tree to sleep under it's limbs.

Wind trying on his very large winter boots

Wind came home Christmas Eve.

Sundi works grave yard shift and so she sneaked upstairs Christmas morning before anyone was awake. I could see her car outside when I came out of my room. Troy said, "That is our Christmas" Seth and Jessica came later that afternoon. It was so nice to have them all home for Christmas.


Troy and I got to bed at about 1 am. At 7:30 a.m. Troy showered while the kids and I visited on Wind's bed upstairs. No one was allowed to go downstairs. Then Wind decided to shower....then Blue....ok, I did too, not together of course. Everyone seemed happy and excited with their gifts. We had a nice breakfast and now we are relaxing listening to Christmas music. There is a peaceful feeling on Christmas day.

I am so grateful for so much; my Savior Jesus Christ because of His ultimate gift of the Atonement, my children because they have made me a better person, Troy because he has shown me how to love, my mother for her sacrifices and the gospel, my home, job and good health.
I really had my heart set on nice dinner ware for my Christmas dinner, but Troy talked me into the $1.50 paper plates verses the $40 + dinner ware. After the dinner I was really appreciating those paper plates. I think I will do that next year.


I am so grateful for our children and the time they spend with us.

No comments: