Friday, March 5, 2010

Avon


My daughter-in-law, Jessica is selling Avon and I, wanting to be supportive of her, put in an order. Today I received my first order of Avon products through the mail. I was so excited. Why is it so exciting to get things in the mail? It sort of has the same feeling as getting a gift. My only memory of Avon is when my mother would get me the cute novelty lip glosses, and perfume pins when I was little and I still have them.  I don't think I have ever order Avon before. It was so easy to order everything right online. I was a little worried about choosing colors that I couldn't see in person, but I was pleased with everything I got. I hope Jessica does well with this, I think she will have fun with it.

 
 I thought I would dig out my Avon things from when I was little.
The bottom half of this girl is full of perfume.

  

These are pins with perfume hidden either in the back, head or belly. 
The kitten must have been my favorite, the perfume is all gone.
 

 I thought I had more lip glosses than these two, a hamburger and record.
All of this is dated in the early 1970's when I was about 10-12 years old.
I loved getting them, thought they were so cute.

2 comments:

Erica said...

How CUTE are those old Avon things! I bet you could sell those babies!! That is so cool that you kept them for so long. Miss you.

Pam said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I saw a couple that I had when I was little except that I don't have mine anymore. I had the hamburger which I loved. I had the bird, the chick and I think the bunny but not with skates. I can't believe that you still have them. Kathy, you are amazeing. Thank you for that little trip back in time. I had forgotton all about them.