Saturday, September 11, 2010

A First and Last

Troy went to work with me in Blackfoot, Idaho so that we could go to the Eastern Idaho State Fair when I was finished. We didn't realize how cool it was going to be and was not prepared.  While I am working in the Wal Mart, Troy brings two matching jackets to me, "We could buy matching jackets".  "No way".  They were a men's dress jacket.  I found a fleece hooded jacket, but we ended up not needing them as the day warmed up.  I wanted to see the animals, exhibits and eat fair food, once I had done all that Troy wanted to go to the carnival side and listen to any bands playing.  We are so opposite from each other.  The carnival side reminded me of when Pinocchio went with the bad boys and did naughty things and turned into an ass.  It became really crowded as it got later into the evening, the people would walk right into us. People can be so rude and inconsiderate.  Everything to eat cost $5 of more and everything was deep fried.  I don't think I will ever go to the State Fair again, once is good enough for me. The one thing that was nice, was the trailer that was pulled a few blocks out from the fair offering rides to the fair grounds.  We pulled up behind it at a red light.  I yelled out the window if they were giving rides to the fair, "yes".  We told them to wait, we pulled off the road, parked and then ran onto the trailer.  We were so exited we didn't have to pay parking or walk blocks to the fair entrance.

No comments: