CHARITY NEVER FAILETH
The Pleasant View Ward celebrated the organization of Relief Society, 167 year ago.
Everything looked so nice, decorated in blue and gold.
We were served a wonder dinner done to perfection by the sisters in the ward.
While waiting for dinner we had a sheet of paper with pictures of all of the
previous RS Presidents, dates of service and their names.
We had to match their names to the time period they served.
While finishing dinner and cake we heard from "Emma Smith"
the first to serve as President of RS in 1842, "Emmeline B. Wells"
who was called to serve at 82 yrs of age, served for 11 yr and passed away
3 wks after her release, "Belle S. Spafford"
who served the longest, 29 years!
RS has always been important to me.
It is where I have gained many friendships, learned to cook,
sew, can, organize, health tips, decorate, gift giving ideas.
It is where I gained a greater testimony of Christ, the temple, service, scriptures,
family history.
We laugh, cry, share, bear testimony, serve together.
As a young mother I looked forward to Homemaking.
I loved getting a break from my little children and learning
new homemaking skills and especially being with the sisters in the ward.
Now that my children are grown we share our heartache, hopes and
joys together.

No comments:
Post a Comment