Monday, April 22, 2013

District Leader

 Elder Mills is finally starting to send me photos regularly in his emails.
I love how he has Jessica's Funny Face cartoon tucked into Christ's frame
and his Blue mug I sent him, for his pins.
 He and his companion live with an elderly widow who keeps her house too warm,
however they turned the air conditioner up too high and now he is freezing!

 Day at the Sacramento Temple

 This looks real good...a missionary with a case of beer.
He was throwing out beer for someone, that's all he told me.
Elder Mills is doing really well.
He is District Leader and has the responsibility of going on
exchanges to observe how missionaries are doing and how he can help them be more
effective in their teaching, make sure missionaries are following mission rules,
call all missionaries weekly to get their reports and
every Thursday prepare a lesson to teach the missionaries in their district,
along with his companion and another 2 missionaries.
He then reports to his Zone Leader.
What a great opportunity to learn leadership.
I love this church and the missionary program. The Lord has complete trust in these
young people to go out into the world to testify of Christ.
They do not know all things, but by their faith they go out and serve 
and love the people in their area.
What parent wouldn't want this for their son or daughter?
I am so so grateful for my missionary.

No comments: