Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Achievement Days
I had my Achievement Girls over today. They are the cutest little girls and so excited to come over. Today we delivered "Heart Attacks" to three people; Jimmy & Joanne Adamson, Mary Dawson and Fae Patterson. The girls wrote little sayings on red and pink cut-out hearts, we then drove to their homes where the girls secretly taped them to their doors, left a plate of heart shaped sugar cookies, rang the door bell and ran back to the car. They were so excited! They planned all the details out; who would hand out the hearts at the door, who was in charge of the cookies, how they would run back to the car and what to do if they were caught. They were going to convince the people, "You didn't see us". They even had a rescue plan if one of them should get left behind from falling in the snow. Fae has suffered from a couple of strokes and has very little mobility, we didn't think she would appreciate a door bell ditch, we went into her home and put the hearts on the inside of her door. The girls then handed her the cookies, which she was very excited to have. The girls then met all of Fae's "4 legged children", looked at all of her art work, telling her they were beautiful, took her cloths out of the laundry and folded and put her towels away. Fae very much enjoyed this visit and help with her cloths. I think we need to visit her again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the idea. Sounds like you are a fun leader. I love the cookies. They look great!
I had a love cookie and it was pure pink goodness to my soul, L*O*V*E. As Jackson would say. Girls doing great. I love you Katherine Mills.
Post a Comment