Friday, February 19, 2010

Broom Hockey


I am so excited  for my new job because I am able to see my children more. I worked my store in Idaho Falls and drove on 45 min north to Driggs to watch Seth, Wind and Jessica play Broom Hockey. They have been playing on a partially enclosed ice rink for a couple of months. Watching and yelling out encouragements reminded me of when Seth was just a little guy playing soccer. Troy and I would scream till our throats hurt.  With Broom Hockey the boys would go for the ball only to move in place because the ice was so slick.  It was very entertaining to watch. It was very frustrating for them, they would want to go for the ball aggressively, but the more aggressive the less distance they gained. The girls often would go in for the ball dropping onto their knees. The only thing they could do forcefully was swing the broom (stick with a upside down "T" on the end) and that could be very disastrous. Seth swung and smacked a girl, giving her a deep cut above the eyebrow.
It was great watching them play, even if I froze while they were dripping with sweat. I get to watch them play their last game this coming Monday.

1 comment:

Carol said...

That looks like a lot of FUN.