Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fun With The Kids

My new job takes me north once a week and gives me the opportunity to see Seth, Jess and Wind more. We all went snowmobiling up to a place called "Pennacle". It felt like I was on top of the world. We could see the whole Teton Valley, it was breath taking and COLD.  I took my mitten off to take pictures, it wasn't long and my hand felt like it was literally freezing into frozen block.


They are crazy! They would go straight up a mountain side and off snow drifts. The whole time I am yelling, "No, don't go there".  Wind would chuckle, "It will be ok mom".

I am exhausted and sore, and I was just hanging on hoping to survive without serious injury. Seth and Wind are amazing how they handle those big machines. Wind would yell, "Lean". It was more like lying into the snow. Jess and I got to ride them alone, but we didn't go far. If you want to turn around you can't just turn the handle bars, it takes your entire body to maneuver the machine.

I was amazed they knew where they were, but they act like it's their private backyard.  They showed me where they started a small avalanche and built jumps. At one spot they dropped Jess and I off while they jumped off  a corniest.


After returning Seth  made sushi rolls with seaweed wraps. He commented they weren't perfect, but they looked pretty good to me, and they tasted great. Jess talked me into eating raw salmon, yuck!


These kids never stop! When we finished dinner, we headed to the ice rink for their last Broom Hockey game. It was freezing, 0 degrees! Steam would rise off their hot sweaty bodies when they would "sub out". I had a great time and I look forward to doing more with them.

1 comment:

Carol said...

These are awesome pictures. I love them and I love the fact that you visit with them and participate in their activities. I am very impressed with Seth's cooking/wrapping abilities. Of course I am impressed with Jess and Wind too. Heh heh. Anyway, you kids are awesome....