Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Shane's 47th Birthday Surprise

Troy recently reconnected with Paige, his brother, Shane's high school girlfriend.
He had her come home with him to surprise Shane for his birthday.
I thought she was quiet brave for coming up and surprising an old boyfriend 
she had not seen for 30 years.
Shane didn't recognize her at first and then said, "Is that Paige?"
He was excited to see her and I think the two really enjoyed visiting
and sharing old memories.
Paige stayed with us and her and Shane went to church with us.
Troy asked how she slept and if she was cold, "No, I slept with my coat on."

When she went to bath, I startled her when I popped my head in to see if I could start the dryer.
She started her bath water and I thought she was in the tub, not!
Then we hear her scream when the dog pushed the other door open on her. 
She threw him out and LOCKED the door. What she didn't know is the lock is 
worthless and the dog knows it. She screamed again when he pushed the door open on her again.
Troy and I couldn't resist laughing. We were trying to watch him, knowing her would do that,
but he beat us to it.
The dog would sit behind her head while she sat on the sofa and then startle her when he would bark
at the cats outside.
She was a good sport putting up with everything, specially Zeus.

It was a fun visit and reunion.
Thanks for coming Paige.

No comments: