Thursday, September 6, 2012

Garden Fresh Sauteed Veggies

 One of our favorite things to eat this time of year.....
Garden Fresh Sauteed Veggies!!
I love the flavor of caramelized onions!
I have canned "half" of my green beans, but the little tender ones that are too small
 for canning are perfect for this dish.
I sautee the onions and green bean in olive oil or sometimes butter, but try not to.
Sprinkle sea salt and pepper.
I sauteed my onions a little too long trying to take my picture.
When the onions turn brown and opaque I then add other veggies, tonight
it is zucchini and yellow squash (cherry tomatoes cut in half would have been the
 perfect color and taste to add to this IF I HAD SOME!!)
Don't over cook, keep a slight crunch and you don't loose your nutrients.
The whole time you are cooking, you need to be close stirring the veggies often.
I cut my spinach leaves just enough so you don't have BIG leaves on your plate,
 then toss into the hot veggies after the skillet has been removed from the stove.
It's just enough heat to wilt the spinach but not over cook.
Tonight I served our veggies on Angle Hair pasta.
Just a small amount, more veggies with a little pasta is better (I had too much).
Add corn of the cob....
Yummmmy!!!

It's very rewarding eating from my garden....actually it amazes me.


1 comment:

Pam said...

This made Kaleb hungry!