Seth and Wind have finally broke into the cement business and are slammed with
work to keep them working dark to dark most days.
Here Seth sits at his new desk....but now he needs a computer that fits the desk.
On his office wall hangs the characterture his Uncle Roland drew of him in 1996
when Seth was 10.
when Seth was 10.
He and Wind needed to work Sat. morning for a couple of hours before we went riding.
I asked if I could go to work with them,
I asked if I could go to work with them,
Seth, "Yea......probably NOT"
Well fine, so Jessica and I went to the gym.
I was excited that Seth decided to go riding with us,
"Do I want to come? I'm just going to sit on a horse"
Riding is not really his style but he came and it was nice having him along.
After Seth, Jess and I spent a half hr chasing Kanook around an 5 acre field till he
was dripping wet, we loaded him into the trailer and waited for
Wind and Michaela to drive by with the other 4 horses.
was dripping wet, we loaded him into the trailer and waited for
Wind and Michaela to drive by with the other 4 horses.
We had Michaela's 3 horses and Wind's 2.
Seth asked, "Who gets the one with the heart?"
Wind, "You, get on and check the stirrups"
Michaela had a very tall horse, "Bonus" and she wasn't afraid of "man" handling him.
It was a beautiful, perfect fall day.
We rode 4 miles in to Crystal Lake.
It was exciting to listen to the bull Elk bulging in the distance.
It was exciting to listen to the bull Elk bulging in the distance.
We came upon two guys who set up camp near by and had come down to the lake to
have a bath. They had some ponies with them following them around like puppies and
one 35 yr old mule that was hobbled.
Tango (that was his name) said,
"I heard ladies voices and I hadn't gotten dress that fast since high school"
"I heard ladies voices and I hadn't gotten dress that fast since high school"
We asked his friend to take a picture for us. Jessica couldn't get Kanook into
place and the guy kept saying, "Get your s#!t together".
So she just turned around in her saddle and smiled.
They then hopped onto their ponies bareback and rode into the trees with
the rest chasing after them.
the rest chasing after them.
We ate our PB & honey sandwiches, stretched our legs and headed back.
Great ride!
Can't wait for next year, Wind says we'll go for an overnight ride and camp.









No comments:
Post a Comment