Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mr. Field's Chocolate Chip Cookies

 These are my favorite cookie to make, "Mrs. Field's Chocolate Cookie"
Baked on a stone and slightly under done they are gooey perfect.
So, I sent these to Elder Mills' Birthday package!

Years ago....YEARS AGO when our family was young and we were living in
Provo, Utah...
As we were coming out of church behind Karen Gines' family I could hear them
discussing what cookie she would make for their "after church" treat.
I mentioned how nice it would be to have home baked cookies and that I had not
been able to bake for awhile since our kitchen was being remodeled and I had no stove.
WELL....Karen was in tuned to that sweet spirit that prompts us to think of
others and perform wonderful acts of service.
Later that evening she came by with a plate full of warm cookies...
"Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Cookies"

I ran into her.....AT CHURCH in Mapleton, Utah and
had the opportunity to tell her how much
 that meant to me when she did that many years ago.
We had a wonderful visit, catching up on each others families...
it felt like all of the years melted away.
 2 C Butter softened
2 C Sugar
2 C Brown Sugar firm packed
(Cream together)
4 Eggs
2 Tsp vanilla
(Beat into sugar/butte mix)
4 C All Purpose Flour
5 C Quick Oats
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tsp Baking Soda
(Add to mix)
24 oz Chocolate Chips
3 C chopped nuts
1 C Coconut
1 8oz Hershey bar grated (optional)

Place golf size balls (I use the largest Pampered Chef Cookie scoop) 2" apart on
un-greased cookie sheet (I love using a baking stone, it's makes the edges crispy while
leaving the center gooey)
Bake at 375' 8-12 min.
 (you may need to change the baking time, I add a min at a time)
This makes about a 100 cookies so I always cut this recipe in half.


1 comment:

Erica said...

Mmmmmm...these are going on my to do list to bake. Yum! I'm drooling and it's only 7 AM! Thanks, Kathy!!