Wow, I have not been on here almost 4 months!
Not sure why other than after Blue came home and left to college I felt like I had nothing
to write about now that I am in my BORING Empty Nester years.
I have been working at the Family History Center as a consultant and after
Stake Conference, which was centered around seeking out and knowing
our ancestors and keeping up with our own personal family history made me
realize how important it is to keep this up....so I am back at it again.
As I said Blue returned from his mission, however we picked him up Thursday and
his brothers took him home with them that following Sunday to go to work.
He worked with them from Nov 10-Dec 28th, they didn't even let him come home
for our first Christmas with him since he left (they had a pour the day after).
I called Christmas and asked Seth how Christmas was, "Great, Blue sat and
watched Jessica and I open gifts"
I am grateful that the boys had that time together and become reacquainted.
Those 4 days after his mission was a very short visit for mom and dad,
I was ok with it, he would have just been bored and needed money for school.
"Every boy should know how to work physically HARD", I told him
and I wanted him to see and know what his brothers have built for themselves
and for Blue to have opportunity to share his testimony with his brothers.
He enjoyed working and learning about the cement trade and I believe the three
of them have some good memories they will share years from now.
Blue has started school at Brigham Young University of Idaho on January 7, 2013.
By the time he left his two friends; Jayson Slayter and Weston Atkinson had come home
and we all drove up to get them settled into school.
They were kind for putting up with their mothers tagging along.
He lives at the Alpine Chalet.
His classes are Humanities, Soccer, Book of Mormon, Math, Software Programing,
and Career Exploration.
Blue's cousin Desire Amendola also is attending BYU-I and I think when Blue
needs a place to hang or maybe get a cooked meal he finds his way to her place,
ok maybe to hang with some girls too.
I think he's really enjoying himself up there, Blue never says much just always
"Great!" when I ask.
"Why do you always seem to be great when I ask how your doing?" I ask
"Because I choose to be!" He says
Great answer.


No comments:
Post a Comment