Friday, November 7, 2008

One Stop Trick-or-Treat

This is Rhonda Neal and she loves Halloween. She decorates her WHOLE house, inside and out. She greets the children and then invites them in. She calls herself Witchy Poo. She will ask them about their costumes and if they are having a good time. Then she invites them to the table FULL, no LOADED with goodies. There is caramel apples, popcorn balls, pickles, jars full of large candy bars, pop and much more. I stood behind the table to watch the children and their eyes would "bug out" at all of the goodies.
Then she tells them to go out to the back where there is a big fire going, music, apple cider, hot dogs and chilie to eat. This is Witchy Poo's parents and I thought they were so cute in their costumes. The guy with beard caught my attention. Maybe that is what Troy will look like when he is really old!
This is the front of their house, but there is so much more that you can't see. They did a fantastic job. They do this every year. This is at the top of every kid in town's list of places to trick-0r-treat.
Rhonda is in our ward at church and I sub for her at the post office. I dragged Troy along to check it out. Blue wouldn't go with us. But after seeing everything, I went back home to get him. I also wanted him to eat a chilie dog so I didn't have to make dinner!!!

4 comments:

Pam said...

Wow, it looks like you had fun. So did you get out of making dinner? I have that thought almost every day!

Krishel said...

It is really neat isnt it!?! This was the first year we've taken our kids and they loved it! Im still trying to convince them Witchy Poo isnt a witch all the time :)

Carol said...

Kathy-you and Blue look so cute. I love the Halloween stuff.

Rowan Tree said...

Kath its cool see what the crew is doing