
I thought it would be nice to make some homemade bread today. I mixed it up, raised it, punched it, put it in bread pans and baked it! This is what I got! I put my bread in the oven then sat down to knit on my scarf. Troy was sitting at the computer and asked if something was burning. He asked a couple of times. "No" I replied and kept knitting, although I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't think of any reason why my bread would be burning. I just figured there must have been something on the bottom of the oven that was burning. Boy, was I wrong. The timer goes off and there were three BLACK loaves of bread. I then realized what I had done. I had the oven heated at 350 degrees, but I remembered that I was suppose to heat my oven up to 450 then turn it down to 350 when I put my loaves into the oven. Well, I heated it up to 450 and put my loaves in, but forgot to put the temperature back down to 350 degrees. Troy had to keep reminding me that he asked if anything was burning. We still got the knife out and sliced and buttered it up, not to bad!
4 comments:
Hmmmm...you're always burning something! I'm sure the innards were still tastey!!
You are so right. I can't cook anymore, I think because my heart isn't in it.
Jared baked brownies at 550 degrees last Fall... They were charcoal black on top and crusty hard on the bottom and wet in the middle. We didn't eat them. I am sure your bread was still yummy.
Kathy...While I am reading what you wrote I am laughing my butt off. You are sooooo funny and you write it just pefectly...
Post a Comment