On January 15 my mother came up to visit us from Payson, Utah. We had a great time with her here. She arrived to our home early and then Troy, Mom and I hopped into our car and headed to Logan. Blue stayed home. Sundi was rushing us to get there to see a house with the realitor, that Christy was thinking of buying. Sundi's only class was canceled so we had a whole day with her. This little house is where Sundi and Christy are living now. It is a cute little one bedroom house that Christy's parents helped them paint and wallpaper and make nice to live in. They share a room that is big enough for two queen beds. Misty bought them matching bed covers. It is just right for them. We saw the house that Christy was wanting her parents to help her buy. It was cute, but needed too much work done on it.

We then headed over to the Utah State University where Sundi is a Sophomore at. I had always wanted her to show me the campus and some of her classes. It was an icy cold day. Mom thought her face was going to freeze off. I helped her bundle her scarf around her neck and zip her coat up. Sundi told us to pick up the pace that we were too slow and then demonstrated how fast she trucks across campus to get to her classes. We were so cold we didn't feel like we could move.

She showed us some of her projects from her 3-D art class. Her first day of class Robert went with her. The first day of class is usually not long because the teachers just present their syllabus and let the students go. However, this teacher said to get comfy because they were staying the full length of the class, 3 hours! Robert stayed with her and helped her team build the bridge that won. She is taking Economics, Chemistry, Ballroom, Billiards, 3-D art and a Rape Defense class. Robert says he will take a Ballroom class with her next semester.


Sundi showed us the Hub where she will eat on campus. She loves the pizza there, but more she gets a kick out of the lady that sells the pizza. She is a short Asian women with a big smile that has a loud, persistent voice, encouraging people to eat pizza. Sundi says she can't so no to her.
By the time we had walked a "mile" across campus and were froze half to death we had worked up an appetite for the pizza. It was good pizza!

I love Sundi she is my little friend, sister and daughter. She is growing up so much and becoming very independent, too fast and more than I am comfortable with. After the campus we did run to Wal-Mart and picked out a movie to watch at the theater. Our movie started at 4:30 so we had 2 hours to burn. Christy had to go to work, so we visited at Sundi's house. On our way to the movie, The Yes Man, we picked up Robert. Not that great of a movie, but it was fun going to the theater. After the movie Troy took all of us to dinner at Ruby Tuesday. He doesn't like Ruby Tuesday but Sundi wanted to eat there. Robert works graveyard shift and so he was a little tired.


I thought Robert would do a goofy face with me!

We said good bye to Sundi and Robert and headed home to Malad. It was a fun day. The next day I had to work a city route but mom stayed and visited with Troy. We had pizza, pop and ice cream with pudding that night. Yummy! We had a great time, thanks mom for coming up.
5 comments:
Mmmmmm pizza! Looks like you guys had a good time. I kept getting confused on who Robert was...I get it now. Der! I was having a Kathy moment! Love you!
You are so funny, you nut!
Your mom said she went up to visit. Sounds like you all had a great time. I like your goofy face. I think Victoria is going to be independent like Sundi. I can see it already. Oh...it has been in the 70's and up to 82 degrees this past week. We are really roughing it. Wouldn't really know what it;s like to be cold.
okay miss smarty pants. I love your new background. where in the world did you find this. how did you do it. here you were asking me about mine. mine looks lame-o.
So fun! I love your silly face!
I LOVE that you are selling your aprons! Have you ever thought of opening up an online shop for your aprons? Have you ever heard of Esty.com? You'd be GREAT at it! My cousin Sarah has done it for about 2 years now with some paintings, go to my blog and click on "Sarah Jane Studios" and see her shop for the idea. :)
Post a Comment