Six of us ladies from my ward and Stephanie's daughter, Angie went to Women's Conference at BYU. Pam got us two rooms this year at the Comfort Inn in Orem. We had so much fun. The best part is getting to know each other better. We know who the snorers are. Stephanie likes to stay up late so one night she sat in the bathroom reading after we all went to bed (she is the last one up in the morning!) Stephanie had her daughter along for the first time, they had their own agenda enjoying being together. Debbie and I got waffle cones filled with mint chocolate chip and graham cracker from the BYU Creamery, so good!

Mom joined us for dinner at Carrabba's, they remembered her from last year. After that we enjoyed a concert at the Marriott Center. Hilary Weeks, The Fabulous Five, Mercy River, Micheal McLean and Alex Boye performed. On our way back to the hotel I asked a couple of the ladies if they enjoyed the concert, "No, I hated it". My jaw dropped. I thought it was great, with lots of energy.
On our way to campus I announced I was not making anything this year. As soon as I got into the door I went straight to the Make 'n' Take and Return table and picked up three projects. Debbie and I skipped the closing meeting on Thursday to work in the service project area. We made the cutest tutu's for little girls. We wanted to make a princess wand but the line was too long. Pam was able to make a I Spy Bottle. All of these wonderful projects would be taken to the Primary's Children Hospital and Headstart Preschools. There were over 700 tutus made. It was amazing how much was accomplished in those two days of service.
I crocheted this cute little purse that turned inside out into a baby bassinet. We had a great time.



1 comment:
You are so awesome Kathy. So what were the topics at the women's conference. I have never gone to any of our church's womens retreats. I probably should. Someday I will. I think I had a baby bassinet/purse like that when I was little. I can't remember quite well. I would be the same way saying I'm not going to do a project and then do it anyway.
Post a Comment