Austin and Blue
Blue has completed his Eagle Project!
What a feeling!
I am not sure how excited he is, but I am excited that he finished.
I am not sure how excited he is, but I am excited that he finished.
Wind, Blue and Troy
Wind wanted to help Blue, but he was having a hard time finding time off from work to come down.
He wanted me to give him till the last week till Blue's birthday, I could not do that, too close for comfort.
I was thinking we might have to do it without him.
Wind calls me Thursday July 2 and says, "Tell Blue to get things ready, I am coming tomorrow!"
Holy Cow! That threw everything into hyper speed.
Troy and Blue removing the flag pole
Blue says, "It's not going to happen"
"Well, we can try"
It is amazing what we can accomplish by cell phones.
I was on the road, Wind was at work and Blue was home with no land phone.
Wind and I kept calling Blue leaving messages for him to answer the phone (we had an answering machine).
I finally had his friend go over with his cell phone so I could communicate to Blue the urgency of things.
I asked why he wasn't answering our phone calls, "MOM, I HEARD EVERY @#?%! PHONE CALL, THERE IS NO PHONE HERE!"
Oh ya! I am sorry.
Blue, Troy, Scott Morley
Pine trees had grown up and around the flag pole, preventing the flag from flying freely.
The hospital also needed a cement patio poured for the nursing home residents to have a place to sit outside.
Seth and Wind have their own business, Mills Concrete and that is why he came down and help Blue.
Troy, Wind, Scott Gunter (neighbor), Blue, Todd Winder (Hospital Administrator)
Because there were two projects going at the same time, one at the front of the hospital and one at the back it made it difficult working with the cement before it set up.
Everything worked out though.
Blue, Troy and Wind
Wind and Blue had to drive to the Hess Pumice Mine to pick up the rocks.
Wind is a perfectionist.
I loved watching him work.
There is something gratifying about watching my boys work hard.
He took great pride in his work and it had to be perfect.
There is something gratifying about watching my boys work hard.
He took great pride in his work and it had to be perfect.
And it is!
He did a beautiful job.
Troy told us when he was little he how he piled up the some freshly poured cement into, T-R-O-Y!
When he was caught, the man grabbed him by the back of his pants and tossed him, "Get the hell out of here".
Then Troy demonstrated the guy stomping T-R-O-Y out.
Blue cleaning tools.
Bishop Gibson, Jason Gilgin and Blue raising the flag.
Blue, Bishop Jeff Gibson, Jason Gilgin, Marshall Martinson, Andy Cobabe, (in back) Lon Young.
Blue's Young Men's leader and Scout Leaders came straight from work to support Blue in
finalizing his project with the flag raising.
I cannot believe it's done, whew!

1 comment:
That was quite a project. I have a question. Do you mean you don't have a phone in the house anymore?
Post a Comment