I wanted to explore the area since I had never been there and who knew when I would have opportunity to be there again. After work, I found the road that goes down into the canyon to Centennial Park. It was a different world down there. Some women told me of the Shoshone Falls that was only a 10 min. drive from there.
There was a $3 admission fee. I told the boy at the booth I had no cash,
"How much do you have?"
"A dollar"
"I will give you a pre-season special for a dollar"
There were a lot of people there taking pictures.
I offered a couple of groups to take their pictures for them,
they thought I was so nice.
They wanted to take my picture for me.
There are several lakes up from the falls and a hiking trail.
I started hiking up the trail, trying to decide if I should hike it or not.
I didn't know how long it was, I had no water, wasn't dressed for hiking and was alone.
As I started the trail a young boy of 16 came up and I asked him about the trail.
He said it was about 20 mi, I don't think it was that long though.
We walked to the next lake where his friends were swimming.
He had moved out here from Florida to live with his dad.
I left the boy and went on up the trail.
You can barily see the trail and some wood steps.
I got up to the top but started getting confused where the trail went and started feeling a little uncomfortable being out there alone. I also was drenching hot and thirsty.
I jumped over a creves in the rock to the edge and that frecked me out a little, so I headed back.
I called Troy often to let him know where I was.
It would have been fun to be there with someone.

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment