Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy 23rd Birthday Wind

WOW! 23 years old today!
You were a beautiful baby and you have grown into a handsome young man.
You were my tiniest baby and now you are my tallest child.
The day you came into our family was a quiet but eventful day to always remember.
With you coming so fast, your father and I delivered you into the world all on our own.
You didn't make a sound when your father dropped the phone on your head
at delivery, or my leg bumped you. I don't remember you ever crying that day.
With your quiet personality also meant you were mischievous too.
In home movies, often there you were in the background doing something
unnoticed till we watched the movies.
You have always been a quiet kind of guy, an observer.
You take your time, you like doing things right.
Because you were quiet and took your time to see things,
you saw so much more than the rest of us and you would also be left 
behind.  We left you at the army surplus store in Orem once and it
was a couple of hours before I noticed I hadn't seen you for awhile.
Wind, you have a sweet spirit about you, kind hearted.
You see things about people that most often others miss, you see their needs
and so it gives you opportunity to do kind acts of service.
I have always felt that God has a great plan for you, you just need to discover what that is.
You are a good guy, we love you and are very grateful to have the 
opportunity of being your parents.
Thank you!
I love you!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Gosh Kath, you're gonna make me cry! I don't think I ever saw a picture of Wind when he was a little teeny baby. And now look at how handsome and grown up he is now. Wow. I loved the part about the home movies. You always gotta watch out and watch for the quiet ones.

Carol said...

That is a great story about Wind. He always has been quiet hasn't her. So cute.