In a desperate attempt to bring change and simplicity into my life I will get rid of stuff.
I love de-junking...love it, love it.
I have to be secretive though, because Troy is the opposite
and loves to hang on to everything, "We might need that."
I headed upstairs to get rid of all of our VHS tapes.
Can't watch them anymore. Troy followed me up and I was sure he was going to
talk me out of it, but he didn't. He did make sure I didn't accidentally toss home movies.
Good thing, I had 3 home movies in the "throw out" pile.
It was kind of hard to pack them up. I wanted to hang onto them for
all the memories they hold. For each title I had a vision of each of
the children watching their favorite movie. We didn't have a lot
of movies and so the ones we had were watched over and over.
Some movie titles you can't see;
Swiss Family Robinson
Winnie The Pooh
Godzilla
My mother gave Seth a "Director's" Chair, and of course his name was on it,
when Wind was born. He would sit in that everyday watching Winnie The Pooh
on our little TV (I think 10"). He would get so excited.
Blue would watch Lion King in Sundi's dress slip.
All of the kids loved The Swiss Family Robinson.
Cherished memories.
4 comments:
WHY!!! you should have gave them to me!!! I can still watch VHS on my dvd player. I was just thinking I should see if you would let me have those movies but thought you wouldnt let me..... :( this is sundi
OOHH! I can't wait to do the same...except with Victoria still being 6 I can't do it just yet. But can't wait to though. I love to de-clutter! It is such an awesome feeling.
I would keep those movies just for the memories of the children watching them as you have described. Bag the de-clutter!!! I say keep the movies, figure it out. Keep the movies.....Yeah....
To be honest, I haven't gotten rid of them. They are still boxed up and stored under the stairs.
Post a Comment