Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers

 I did not get breakfast in bed, a bouquet of flowers, dinner made for me or children coming long distance to be with me. I did get a beautiful card from my Sundi and a package of surprises and wonderful card from Jessica.  I also, did get a special Mothers Day talk given in Sacrament to me from Blue. I was two rows back and so Blue looked right at me and after Bro. Jensen introduced the speakers and said, "I hope Blue knows what an honor it is to speak on Mother's Day" he said, "It is an honor to speak on Mother's Day.....  (he then read this)
 "Speaking of mothers, David O. McKay said, "This ability and willingness properly to rear children, the gift to love, and eagerness, yes, longing to express it in soul development, make motherhood the noblest office or calling in the world. She who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions deserve the admiration and the plaudits of mankind. But she who rears successfully a family of healthy beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, who immortal souls will exert an influence throughout the ages long after painting shall have faded, and books and statues shall have decade or shall have been destroyed, deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God. In her high duty and service to humanity, endowing with immortality eternal spirits, she is co-partner with the creator Himself."

He expressed his gratitude for all I do for him, helping him achieve important things in his life, "I wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for her".   He looks at me, "Happy Mothers Day Mom, I love you."  He finishes with "They are always there for you, they love and comfort you, you should never take them for granted and you should never give up on families."

He did such a good job, the only thing he had written down was the quote from David O. McKay. Thank you Blue, I love you too.
One of my fondest memories: I have many memories. She loves to enjoy the moment. But I remember her taking my brother and I practice driving at a suburb near the beach that never was developed but had the roads in and she would be in the back seat sound asleep. I also remember her taking us to the Drive-In movies in our PJ's, with our pillows and blankets, and then the big metal, clunky speakers that she would slide onto the car window. .
Most grateful to her for: That it was important to her that her children "have religion" in their lives. She went to many churches. She remembered a childhood friend taking her to The Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-Day Saints. When she attended again as a young mother she felt really good there and knew she found the right church. The life of my children and my life has truly been blessed because of a little girl who fellowshiped her and of her willingness to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
One of my fondest memories: I told her she could stay for the home birth of my baby, but she could not say anything. I didn't want her to start worrying and panic on me. I had looked over and remember seeing her sitting in the wicker chair with her legs crossed tightly and lips pressed tightly while I gave birth to Seth at home. She slept on Seth's baby room floor, bring him to me when he cried, bring food to me in bed, bathing and dressing him during the first 2 wks of his life. She spoiled me.
Most grateful to her for: Teaching and bearing her testimony to Troy when he was a little boy, he has a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ because of the time she spent  teaching him. As a father he teaches and bears his testimony to his own children. These tender memories for him has developed in him a deep love towards her.

I am grateful to my mother and mother-in-law for their sacrifices, strength, commitment, love, wisdom, charity, faith, endurance and ability to over come hardships, suffering, pain, poverty and loneliness.  They have cared for, raised, provided, teach, and protected their children on their own.  Thank goodness we all become mothers and begin to understand all our mothers do for us and what it takes to be a mother, how much we want to be forgiven for our short comings and mistakes, but to be appreciated because no one has a deeper, greater love for our children than a mother.

AREN'T THEY BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you moms for all your love and giving.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
WE LOVE YOU

2 comments:

vinelord said...

I thought it was a wonderful mothers day, Blue made it special for you. I love you Kathy for being the kind of mother that has made our family glorious.

Carol said...

Kathy...where do you keep this greatness in you. You are absolutely awesome. I love you so much. Thank you and thank you Blue and Julie, thank you.