Sunday, May 22, 2011

Seminary Graduation

 "And verily I say unto thee that thou shalt lay aside
the things of the world, and seek for the things of a better"
Doctrine & Covenants 25:10
2010-2011 Seminary Theme
 First of all I am upset with myself for not bring my camera, but Sundi did have her camera.
Thank Goodness!
 Seminary Graduation was wonderful.
Fifty students from 11 wards graduated.
President Wray and Brother Checketts are good men who truly cared about these young
men and women. They taught them the gospel with conviction.
Jason, Trevor, Paige, Blue, Weston, Jerika, Emma
 The opening Hymn, "Praise To The Man" was sung with power and testimony.
Christin Watkins spoke of being in the image of God and remembering who we are.
She referred to the Disney movie "Lion King"
When Rafikie asked Simba, "Who are you?"
"I don't know who I am anymore"
Rafikie has Simba look into the water and all he sees is his own reflection.
He has him look again and then Simba sees his Father's image, Mufasa.
Because Simba forgot who he was he also forgot his father.
We must never forget who's image we were created and that we have
divine attributes. We must always remember our Father in Heaven.
Weston, Emma, Blue
 Bro. Checktts" family is moving to Wyoming to be a Institute instructor 
and so he said a tearful good-bye.
President Wray does Cowboy Poetry and so always has a joke or poem,
"What does Kelloggs and Seminary have in common?
They'rrrrrrrre Grrrrrrreat!"
Blue, Weston, Trevor, Jason, Jayson
 I am proud of Blue for sticking with it and completing Seminary.
The past 3 years when Blue and I sat down to figure out his class schedule for
the coming year, he would tell me why he can't or didn't want to take seminary.
Each year I would tell him why it was important for him to continue attending
and why it is important in his life now and in the future.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Blue, I am so proud of you. What a great smile you have. I love you.