Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Good Day

 Troy had his follow-up appointment with Dr. Foley.
Troy was given a clean Bill of Health!!
The cancerous pullup has been completely removed.
We are very grateful for prayers, faith and modern technology.
 
 Troy and I were able to spend the day together! a rare event.
We drove by the Brigham City Temple, our soon to be new temple.
 
 This place has always caught our attention every time we drive
through Brigham City,
this time we decided to stop and go in.
I walked up to the door, peeked in and realized that it was someone's home.
From the outside appearance, it looked like a antique or thrift store.
Thank goodness no one noticed me with my face and hands pressed up to the sliding glass door.
 Troy lived in Brigham City as a little boy,
"This is where my brain recognized who I was".
We drove by the school that he attended first grade at.
He had packed a lunch and hiked to the "B" when he was 5 yrs old.
Me, "By yourself?!"
"I might have been with Shane (his brother) and some neighbor kids"
He remembers his childhood home where he had a St. Bernard dog and the 
next door neighbor girl, Kathy was his first girlfriend.
 We stopped in at Honeyville Grains, to pick up a 50# bag of
9 grain, 25# steel cut oats and 25# brown sugar.
Troy insist he have 9 grain cereal every morning, keeps everything regular!
 We enjoy driving north on UT-30, looking at the old homes.
One of our favorites is this fun yard with old rusty antique trucks.
It's even more charming in the summer when the grass is green and groomed.
I had FREE coupons for peanut butter that I found at Good Earth!
Saved myself  over $26, now that is exciting!!!!
The best part of the day was being able to spend it with Troy.
It was a relaxed day, doing whatever we felt like doing.
Despite an occasional out rage directed at other vehicles on the road,
it was a nice day spent together.

No comments: