The Sarger family that mom lives with were having a family reunion, so mom
took this time to go on a little road trip and invited me along.
This is a first for us and it was fun...I think we will do it again next year.
Mom has never been to Jackson Hole, Wy so that is where we went.
Seth and Jessica had her family up for a visit so Wind was kind enough
to give up his bed for us while he slept on his couch.
I thought that was very kind considering he got home at 11:30 pm from work
and was up and gone by 5 am!
Mom drove the whole trip, why not, it was her road trip.
Our very first stop was Estate Collectables where mom found a
courio cabinet. When she saw it she said, "OH, I have to have that!!"
We then looked out the window and saw this beautiful buck casually nibbling
on the store owner's shrubs.
(This picture is later after hanging her cabinet up in her room)
She has the lighter that she bought and Cetal inscribed
on it for her mother, Cetal.
Of course, by now we wanted to eat at one of the many yummy places.
We picked "The Bunnery"
It was a perfect day!
The weather was great and it wasn't too horrible crowded, nothing more than what
we would expect.
We had to have our picture taken under the famous antler arch in the center
of old town Jackson Hole.
Mom and I browsed the souvenir and art shops and had ice cream at
Moo's Gourmet Ice Cream shop.
She loves art, specially the colorful pieces.
We had fun posing with the Gary Lee Price statues of Abraham Lincoln,
Benjamin Franklin, George Washington and Albert Einstein.
We had a BBQ with Wind and Micaela, saw Seth and Jessica's place
(mom has never seen Seth's home) and visited Jessica at work.
We wanted to keep shopping but we ran out of money...isn't that always the case!
We drove up the Swan Valley and over Piney Pass so on the way back
we drove over to Rexburg, ID and down I-15.
We love the Rexburg temple. I love going to the temple and seeing so many
Latter-Day Saints mingling around the temple grounds, everyone looks so happy
and wholesome.
We checked in with BYU-I administration office to see where we were with
getting Blue enrolled for the Winter semester. I got so excited about Blue attending
this school. There is such a good feeling there and it gave me a nostalgic feeling
from the days I attended.
This was a great trip for the fact that I got to spend it with mom and enjoy
her company and share a first with her.
Thanks mom....I love you!!
Can't for our next adventure...but next time we are planning to bring
LOTS MORE MONEY!


1 comment:
Thank you Kathy. I had a wonderful time with you and we will do it next year. Love you.
Post a Comment