Saturday, May 10, 2014

Our St. George Visit

It was nice getting away to St. George where the weather was warm and beautiful.
Sundi left to work every day at 3 pm so this gave
Troy and I time to spend together.
It was nice spending the time together doing whatever we wanted.
I think I ONLY got upset once with Troy, once too many.
We went through Brigham Young's home,
Jacob Hamblin's home (I wish I could live in a pioneer home, this one was charming),
St. George tabernacle and attended the temple.
Enjoyed chalk art (Troy's favorite childhood story, "The Wild Things)
and the Desert Rose Labyrinth in Keyenta.
 Visited a Shiwits Band of Paiutes reservation cemetery.
Attended the temple.
Sundi always does my nails when I visit, I love it.
Their place looked so nice with their new furniture and decorations.
I love seeing how my children set up home for themselves.
The pantry cupboards had post-a-notes categorizing each shelf;
breakfast, snacks, baking, cooking, Tupperware....
There was a sign on the dishwasher with "clean" and "dirty" on reverse sides
being held up with a magnate.
Who do you think did that?
We visited Casey and Brenda on our way home in Mapleton
and Craig Hassipacis in Provo.
We drove by a home in Provo we lived in when our children were little.
Those were good times with lots of memories....
Mima Rasband, the Knells and Gleaves, ferrets, dumpster diving,
homeless people, Rock sales, loosing children, home birth, cousins living with us,
crazy Indian,cookies and jelly beans, Big Wheel races, Phantom, Harry,
annual neighborhood pizza party...so fun!
We then met up with Wind and Michaela in Lehi.
Michaela went on down to St. George to visit a friend, her first solo road trip!
Wind was down to buy a U-Haul truck to use as storage... he is moving again.
That took all day, but went really well.
Wind drove to our home and spent the night.
I love when they stay, enjoyed spending that time with him.

No comments: