Sunday, May 18, 2014

Richard Moved To Hawaii.....RICHARD MOVED TO HAWAII!!!!!

 Levi and Uni were married on January 27, 2014 on Kauai.
Rich flew out there to be with them and not even 4 months later now lives in Kauai!
He and Angela divorced (not because of Hawaii), his youngest, Luke graduated
and he has been wanting to be hired on with a company so he could work
on retirement and have insurance coverage.
I don't know if he really thought he would get a job, but went ahead and put
some applications out there in Kauai.
Well...the St. Regis Princeville Resort hired him!

It's been a journey preparing to go.
He sold a lot of things, gave a lot away, spent time with his children
a family, packed his last few remains into his Snappy truck
and wrapped up some last minute plumbing jobs.
I think it was an emotional roller coaster for him at times, 
but I would remind him he can always come back.
By the time he was at the airport though he was pretty excited, but
that is when I started having a hard time...couldn't believe he would be so far away.
I drove him to the SLC airport where he caught the 11 am flight to Seattle, WA.
There he caught a flight to LA and then over the great Pacific
where he arrived at the Lihui airport at about 7:30 pm his time.
We were at the airport early enough that we could visit before he boarded.
  Larkie and her children were there with us.
As we were saying our good-byes and he had his backpack on said,
"I feel like I am leaving on my mission again"
 We said good-bye and walked away... but I wanted one more picture,
I blew him a kiss good-bye and walked away and that is when I 
started to cry.
I felt better when he sent me a text and every time he calls.
His apartment is not available till June 1st so every day is a chore to figure out where 
he will be sleeping for the night,
the 1st night was at the Kauai Beach resort, 
his boss let him rent a furnished condo for 2 nights,
then a Bishop invited him to camp at the Father and Sons outing in his hammock
where they learned to through fishing nets into the ocean and tug-o-war,
now a 10x10 bungalow at the Anahata Sanctuary-A Spiritual B&B retreat
for a wk and then into the main part of the house at the retreat.
photos of the Spiritual retreat here  
He said the sanctuary has outdoor showers and after I saw the multiple
shower heads and tub in one area I asked if he baths with other people,
"Yes, we just aren't suppose to look"
"WHAT...no way"
He was kidding of course...but really....?

No comments: