Sunday, September 21, 2014

Dallin Moves to Driggs

This was the least expensive place Dallin could find,
$600 for a room that smells of cat pee that you almost choke.
His landlord, Jim. 
He built the cabin but lost it due to the economy and now manages it, 
renting the rooms.
Jim, "You want some coffee?"
Dallin, "No, I don't drink coffee, alcohol or smoke"
Jim, "Oh! your one of those Mormons"
All I could think was, "What would his mother say if she saw where he was living"
 Wind let him use his futon bed/couch.
There were three different things of room freshener in his room 
that Dallin had bought...didn't help.
After leaving, I was a little concerned about him over there, I didn't want him
getting discouraged over his circumstances so I called to see how he was doing.
He told me he was fine, that he rented a carpet cleaner and cleaned the carpets
twice (didn't help) and 2 guys (Fred from Kenya and AJ from Rexburg)
were hired on for the summer and are sharing the rent with him. 
I was proud of him for being resourceful and positive.
Earlier in the year while Dallin was attending BYU-I he would bring a
group of guys with him to work on Sat in Jackson Hole for Seth and Wind.
Seth and Wind called them....Dallin's crew.
(I have since found out that Dallin tore the carpet out, Jim was a little
surprised at first but after sitting in the garage a few days Jim 
could smell how bad it was and apologized)

No comments: