I loved Fair week when my children were little.
It was such an exciting time with their animals and 4-H project entries;
Leather, rockets, babysitting, cake decorating, bug collection, scout projects,
art, horse, lamb and pig!
The fair isn't the same anymore.
I think my favorite year was when they raised pigs,
however Sundi hated it but it was one of Wind's shinning years with
winning Grand Champion
I was so excited to see these two items in the fair.
Erica Vanbebber crocheted these.
When I had become friends with Erica she asked me to teach
her how to crochet. Of course I had her start with a chain stitch and
then she wanted to make a baby blanket.
Her first blanket was so cute and messed up, but she was so proud of
herself. She of course kept practicing and made LOTS of baby blankets...
since then she has made scarfs, cute hats and now these adorable dolls that
she is selling and cannot keep up with the orders.
Way to go Erica, so proud of you and I'm sure your grandmother is smiling from Heaven.
The last 2 years this is how we have spent one night at the fair....
helping in the Senior Center hamburger booth.
It's fun...we get to see lots of people that we haven't seen for awhile,
well I do because I am taking orders.
This year a 17 yr. old boy kept smiling at me and finally asked,
"Do you know who I am?"
Me, "No"
"I'm Nick"
It took me a minute and then I remembered!
He was Wind's friend, TJ's little brother all grown up.


No comments:
Post a Comment