Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sundi's Father's Day

Troy says Sundi is a "Iron Women" because she is so well rounded. Being the only girl with three brothers she had to be tough. She has always had many friends. Troy says she has geek power. She is strong as a lion and strong willed. He has always been gentle and loving with her. He has always admired and enjoyed Sundi.
Resting on her dad's foot at the park.

Fishing at Powerhouse for a father/daughter outing
Canoeing at the Honeydew campground in Florence, Oregon
I love my dad so much. He has worked so hard his whole life to make a good life for me and my brothers. That is one thing I have always admired about him. He has made so many sacrifices to put his family first and make sure we have what we need. Growing up I always remembered him winking at me everytime I saw him. I don't know why that stuck but I always remember that being something my dad did. I also loved how he always calls me sweetie or sweetpea. He has always taught me to work hard and respect my mother. He has showed me that the Lored and your family comes first. He has always let me do what I want but will stick his foot down on a few things. I am so happy he "spanked" me and grounded me from a certain boy, even though at the time I was embarrassed because everbody in Malad knew. He is always watching out for me and gives me some good stories to tell. We don't say much but I know that he loves me. I always admired how spiritual he is. Lots of people think he is mean and scary cuz of his long beard but I know my dad loves the Lord and the spirit touches him alot, for example he cries a lot at church. Once I remember him shedding a tear when we were in the movie theater watching "Lord of the Rings" when Gandolf had his staff up to the demon in the cave yelling "You shall not pass!" It gave me the goose bumps. It was righteousness standing up to the great evil. I love my dad so much and he has been the best. I admire his hard work, loving heart, standards in the church and willingness to sacrifice. I also love how my dad is different from most people his different names for his kids, our house, his long beard. I love being able to have uniqueness that makes us stand out from others. I LOVE OUR HOUSE. I think it has so much depth and character. I love my name, I wouldn't want any other. I love my dad and wouldn't want him to be any other way. Thank you for everything. Love Sundi Jewel Mills.

1 comment:

Carol said...

That was beautiful. This one made me cry.