Friday, June 12, 2009

Chickens

"The Girls" roost each morning preening their feathers. We have had so much rain that their little feet are caked in mud. It doesn't make for very clean eggs. They get all excited when I throw them wheat to scratch for. There in the center is their great and all powerful leader, "Little Britches", a small bantam rooster. I think my hens are bigger than him.

Fifi comes with me to gather the eggs and then climbs in to snack on chicken feed. She is a weired cat. "What do you think, Fifi? Do we have enough eggs?"
My tomato plants that I started from seed, indoors, clear back in March are growing big, safely in their Wall-O-Waters. They would be much bigger but it has been nothing but cool, rainy and cloudy for the past month. I sure hope the sun shines down on my garden soon. Our growing season is short as it is.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Kathy, I love your farm. I miss you and will be seeing you soon. Mom

Pam said...

Kathy, we love your chickens! They are all so pretty. The girls and I would really like chickens. I think the boys would be more interested in eating all of the eggs.