
We have been busy planting flowers, pruning fruit trees, mowing and putting the garden in. This is my first year to put flowers in my big flower pots that are on both sides of my door. Our fruit trees are doing really well. We are always so grateful when anything we do succeeds and thrives because we don't always know what we are doing and don't always have everything we need to do the job, so it's always a miracle to me when it works.

I love my garden shed. Troy pounded nails up for me to hang all of my garden tools along the wall so they were up off the floor not taking up space. I use them more now that I can see what I have. We have one grapevine plant still alive down by the front right corner of the shed that we hope to grow up and around the front top of the shed. I enjoy being out there working and listening to the chickens cackling and squawking. Sometimes it will get on my nerves because they can get so loud and out of control. I swear they are having a contest for who can be the loudest. This has been an unusual spring. It seems every week we have had rain showers. The valley is so green and lush right now. Everything is just flourishing with new growth. We can't keep up with the mowing.

This is the first year that I started my seeds indoors. First I didn't think they would sprout but they did and then I was worried about transplanting them outdoors. ALL of my tomatoes, cauliflower and broccoli made it through the transplanting. My peppers didn't do so well. It was still too cool when I put them in the garden so I constructed a green house over them. It worked really well but there was one day it got really hot and I hadn't opened the ends to allow the air to flow through. They were fried. I just left them in the ground and half of them might pull through but they look pretty sad. My peas and onions I planted from sets and seeds are doing great. The potatoes, green bean, spinach and corn are just starting to sprout. I go out there every day squatting down to inspect the ground for any signs of growth other than the weeds.


This is the hole for the pond we hope to put in this year. It is deeper than the picture looks. Around the cylinders Troy is going to plant flowering bushes around them and use them as flower pots. It doesn't look so great right now, but hopefully it will be a thriving pond with plant life, fish and a trickling fountain.
6 comments:
Hi Kathy! I love the pictures...your garden looks great! I wanted to plant one this year but time's a little scarce with the new babe...so maybe next year!
Thanks for the comment. You defiantly have more important things to focus on right now. He won't be little forever so just enjoy him while you can.
Kathy: You and Troy are beautiful and industrious. I love you, Mom
The trees are going to look great where you have them planted. I didn't know you did all that. Mom
The pond will be beautiful. I can hardly wait to come and see it.
Wow Kathy, Everything looks beautiful! I wish we could come up for a visit. Your garden looks great. I had to rip out our lettuce and carrots. They were bitter! I don't know what happened. But our tomatoes and 2 zuccini plants are very productive. The other zuccinis don't produce. Go figure. We are still on a learning curve here.
Post a Comment