Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Garden-Late Spring

I love the way you can see the curve of the earth in this picture. My garden is coming along although I think a little slower than otherwise, because of the cooler weather. On the news they said that we have had rain 14 out of the first 18 days of June. The farmers can't even get their alfalfa cut. I noticed this morning while on my walk that the alfalfa is flowering. My strawberry plants are more mature this year, producing larger strawberries. We have been enjoying a few strawberries each morning and have started picking spinach. You can barely see my corn coming up at the end by the shed. I am excited for the corn. I haven't had a lot of success with corn in the past. I'm concerned though, this morning at 12:30 a.m. I heard the cat's feeding dishes clanking around on the porch. I turned the light on and saw 2 raccoons eating the cat food while the cats sat at a distance. My first thought was to take a picture, but as cute as they are I thought I better tell Troy. By the time he got his shot gun, they were gone. We'll be waiting for them next time. They will devour my whole corn crop and strawberries, and if they figure out how they will eat my chickens. I can't have that.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Looks Awesome! Hey, do you remember that we had a racoon named Bandit when we lived on Lakeside st. She kind of went wild right before the big earthquake. We think she sensed danger. She was neat.