Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just Another Day in Malad

While out driving, returning a basket to our good neighbors the Morley's, I saw this curious donkey grazing along the side of the road. I couldn't believe his hooves. He let me pull up along side of him to take his picture and then preceded to walk back across the road to where he belonged. In order for him to walk he had to do the high step. It was very funny watching him, but he acted like "no big deal".

The first time I delivered mail on rural route 1, I was heading out towards Daniels the furthest north end of my route when I saw this dog. He was trucking down the side of the road carrying, what I thought was a big stick at first. As I got closer I could see that he had found a portion of a beef leg. He seemed pretty proud of it as he was holding his head high. When I stopped to get a better look at what he had, he dropped the leg and came over to the car and put his front paws in my window so I could pet him. The dog was very friendly. He then went back to his "leg", laid there and began gnawing with no more thought to me. I wondered where the rest of the beef was that was missing this leg and how the beef had come to get his leg torn off.

1 comment:

Pam said...

That poor burro! Was he wild? Every morning at about 6 a.m. a neighbors donkey heehaws. It is so funny. sometimes I can catch him doing it when I ride my bike past his house.