
On the 19th of June, Troy and I drove to Provo, Utah. He wanted to see Mindy Gledhill sing. We had first met Mindy when a group of LDS song writers and producers, who are friends, came together to make a CD titled "A Nashville Tribute to Joseph Smith" with song and narration. The CD is an absolutely beautiful testimony of Joseph Smith, and the great work of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ upon the earth. They had Mindy sing the song titled "Emma", Joseph's wife. Troy enjoys hearing people sing and play music, so thought it would be nice to go see her sing again. We did a little shopping, ate at a Thia restaurant, window shopped on Provo's center street and then visited Casey, Abby and Lillie before the concert started at 9:00 p.m. She sang outside of Sammy's, a little burger joint. Earlier while walking around center street we passed her as she was heading to Sammy's. She recognized Troy right off, remembering him from Idaho. She couldn't believe that we had come all the way down from Idaho to listen to her sing. She was excited. Everyone loves coming to Malad. We had a good time just spending time together. We were home by midnight. The next morning I had to work at 7:30 a.m. When I got home Troy says to me, "Are you tired? I don't know how you did it, I am exhausted." He laid around sleeping all day!

Jarrett Burns singing before Mindy.

Troy turned
48 this year. I can't believe we are getting that old,
50 is the next biggie!
Yikes.
2 comments:
I am glad you spent time together.
Thank you for playing with me I had fun, I love you.
Post a Comment