Sunday, January 23, 2011

More Crazy Stunts


Seth and Wind went sledding and snowboarding up Piney Pass, Driggs, Idaho.  I get really nervous every time I know they are going out. I don't think they take to heart when I say, "Be careful".  Because their trailer is buried in the snow, they took their separate trucks loaded up with their sleds.  I noticed I had missed a call from Wind last night and wondered why he was calling.  Usually they call when something has happened to them. Jessica has been in St. George, UT running a 5K and was on her way home on the shuttle bus when I text her, "Are you excited to get home?".  Jess, "Yes, and take care of Seth".  I thought that was sweet that she wanted to get home to her husband and take care of him. She the text, "Is Wind going to be ok?"  I called Wind and asked what was wrong.  He then told me how he and Seth were both hurt from the snowboarding yesterday.  He had tried doing a flip on his snowboard and his face hit his knee. He said that after he felt sick, cold and dazed.  He was going into shock!  Seth noticed him and went down to him, but he hit some ice and landed on a rock hurting his back.  While they are both lying there, some people see them and ask if they were ok.  Seth gives a thumbs-up sign and they went on their way.  They both had to ride their sleds out, they were freezing (shock, I think) and in pain.  Seth road standing on one leg because his other leg was shaking to much and he couldn't sit. They then both drove themselves home.  They upset me so much.  Wind's nose is broken and the Dr. won't see it till Thursday due to the swelling.  I am grateful for his landlord, Shelia who brought him dinner and ice packs. Wind says the goose-egg hurts more than his nose.  I don't know what to say, I tell them to be careful, but they just keep doing these crazy stunts. I hope they survive.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Oh those boys!!! Kathy, I admire you. Motherhood for you can be so intense. Your boys are amazeing and live life to the fullest. And with or without a broken nose and a goose egg, Wind will always be handsome. We will be praying for rapid healing.

Carol said...

Ditto with what Pam wrote. We love you Seth and Wind. Please be careful.