Troy was home this weekend and he tells me, "My mom was going on and on about how much
she loves homemade chocolate covered marshmallow eggs".
"Really? Did she use to make them?"
"I don't know, she just was saying how much she liked them"
"I am going to make her some"
I was excited because that is the one thing I remember making in
Home Economics in Middle School in Crescent City, CA.
I just remember thinking how cool it was that we could make marshmallows.
They were amazingly easy and I can't wait to make them again.
The only disappointment was the chocolate. Here in Malad I had to buy what I could get,
Western Family, Yuck!
The remainder of the marshmallow I poured into a dish lined with foil and coated with starch,
cut into squares and stored in a zip-lock bag.
Everywhere there is no starch the marshmallow is sticky.
I couldn't understand why powder sugar wasn't used instead of corn starch.
Well, now I know, the sugar beads up and the starch doesn't
cut into squares and stored in a zip-lock bag.
Everywhere there is no starch the marshmallow is sticky.
I couldn't understand why powder sugar wasn't used instead of corn starch.
Well, now I know, the sugar beads up and the starch doesn't
Next time I will have better chocolate, use white vanilla for a whiter marshmallow
and use parchment paper to place the dipped eggs on.
I used 5 pks of gelatin, I am going to try 4 next time.
and use parchment paper to place the dipped eggs on.
I used 5 pks of gelatin, I am going to try 4 next time.
Over all I think they turned out ok and my mother-in-law was thrilled to get them.
I knew they weren't the best they could be, but I wanted to do that for her.
I knew they weren't the best they could be, but I wanted to do that for her.
2 comments:
You are so awesome Kathy, I have a ton of projects sitting for the past few months waiting to be baked and shared. The eggs turned out so perfect! You're a good daughter-in-law.
Those eggs look so awesome.
Post a Comment