Saturday, April 16, 2011

Lost in Wonderland Prom

Blue's friends; Jason & Jerica, Weston & date, Bubba & Paige (center) Dillon & Date, Jason & Celest
 Blue was not going to go to prom this year but his friends talk him into it.
Blue had asked Ashley Richards Wednesday.
His computer/Sunday School teacher, Shannon Davis helped him write a poem.
Friday we, well I did, washed and cleaned the car for Blue to use,
picked up the corsage and gave him a clean-up (not a full on hair cut) hair cut.
At 1:00 pm 6 couples met at Tyrell Hubbard's home where his parents had prepared 
a nice lunch for them.
 So different when a guy gets ready for prom; sit around till 1/2 hr before, throw on 
the suite, brush teeth, splash cologne and off they go.
I was stuck driving the van! Yuck! That thing is a tank.
 Because Blue asked Ashley at the last second he didn't go to practice.
I tried to explain it to him and told him to STOP and look at the crowd so we can get
pictures.  But he hands her the flower and they walked to the center, didn't stop
and walked to the corner opposite of where I was, and walked right off the floor.
They are suppose to walk across in front of the bleachers to the other side of the room.
I was a little disappointed, I wanted to watch them walk across looking so handsome. Oh Well!
 Parents are given time to take pictures during the first song and then we leave and the party begins.
They looked very nice.
 He came home at midnight and said the dance was fun, but he was going to shower,
change and head back to Tyrell's house for breakfast with the 6 couples they had for lunch.
Tyrell Hubbard & Beth Blaisdell, Jason Gilgen & Celest Wray, Jayson Slater& Jerika Snyder, Weston & date, Skyler Thorpe & Stephanie Treasure, Blue & Ashley Richards
He was home at 1:30 am. He had a good time. He must have, because his neck was sore
from tossing his head so much from the dance.
He was glad that he went.
Today the 6 couples met at 1:30 pm and left to Pocatello. 
I am so grateful that he enjoys being with good kids doing good things.
I went to bed and didn't worry about when he would be home or where he was,
but I didn't sleep real sound, I had one ear listening for him to return.

1 comment:

Carol said...

You two are so cute.