Saturday, April 16, 2011

Honoring Eagle Scouts

This was a busy week for Blue.
All 2010 Eagle Scouts and their parents were invited to a dinner where
the Grand Teton Council Malad District
Scouts and Scouters were recognized for their achievements.
I told Blue we were having dinner at the church for all Eagles.
Me, "You should wear your scout shirt"
Blue, "Well, I am not wearing it, I want to burn it"
 "Well, I think it would be appropriate to wear"
 "Did they tell me to wear it?"
 "No, but they shouldn't have to"
"I am not wearing it, I don't want to"
"Do you want to be the only one not wearing one?"
"More like I will be the only one wearing one"
"Well, I am going to get dressed up"
Just as we are heading out the door, "I sure wish you would wear your shirt"
Blue stomps upstairs and puts it on, un-tucked and grumpy.
We park and he sees someone with a scout shirt on, he tucked his shirt in.
The whole cultural hall was full of round tables and everyone 
having anything to do with scouts had their shirts on.
We sit down, I look at Blue smiling and before I can say anything he says, "Don't say a word"
He makes me laugh.

1 comment:

Carol said...

You make me laugh so much with your commentary about Blue, you both are so cute.