Friday, July 8, 2011

4th of July

Ready for the reunion dinner at Me-N-Lou's
 This 4th of July was really nice because we had family to spend it with.
As you will notice Blue is in none of the pictures because for the past 4 or more
4th of July's he has spent them with his friend Weston's family.
But, who can blame him, I would rather be with my friend than with my parents.

Julie and Robert came up for her 50th class reunion.
It was nice having them here, letting them stay in our room and cooking for them and
sitting out on the patio in the evenings with my tiki torches burning and watching
the fireworks that people were lighting off.
This year the big illegal ones were made legal and everyone had them.
She enjoyed going around and seeing old friends and getting reacquainted.
At the party she was voted "best kisser", I think that was back in high school, I hope.
Robert insisted on collecting the eggs for me after I asked Troy, "Get Blue to do it"
Julie cleaned the eggs and was taking forever, until I realized that she was scrubbing
every egg spot off with a scouring pad.
Our neighbor, Tim Driskel driving his tractor
We couldn't have asked for more perfect weather for the parade.
It was over cast and I think we even felt about 5 sprinkles.
Our little parade is very simple; tractors, horses, wagons, 4-wheelers, Volunteer of the Month,
Jr. Misses in the their beautiful gowns, drill team, cheerleaders, football team
and lots of taffy tossed out to the kids.
The theater put on a comedy  play "1776", Sue Stevens my neighbor & visiting teacher plays Thomas Jefferson.
Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" was playing over the speaker system and Robert was singing along.
After the parade we had time to relax at the house.
Sundi went to the park to be with Cynthia who was home from Colorado.
Julie asks, "What do people do around here"
"This"
I love having time to relax, enjoy the simpleness of life.
Rod Wangsgaurd and Don Hubbard driving the teams
Just before the 4th of July we have Welsh Days.
Malad has the most Welsh decedents per ca-pita in the nation.
Every year I miss the wagon ride around town to all of the historical sites, but 
this year I caught the last trip.
It came with a hitch though, they asked me to be the tour guide and read the 
script.  Wow, there was a lot I didn't know, and the team driver was going too fast
and I got lost in my script.

Later that night
she got to the school before us to watch the fireworks and saw Blue there with his friends.
Earlier in the day Blue and his friends left with the van to swim at the reservoir,
but changed their minds and showed up at the fireworks in it.
This van is not your normal size van, it use to have 4 benches in it, it's huge.
He asks Sundi, "How did you find us?"
Sundi, "More like, how did I NOT find you?"
Blue just smiled!

I think the fireworks were the best they have ever been.
The last one filled the entire sky.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Your blog is great Kathy. I didn't know you did all that stuff. It looke like it was a lot of fun.