Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Boys Becoming Men


 These photos are from 2008, and I might have already posted them, but
I love these pictures of Seth and Wind.
They look so grown up.
And I have to say they are very handsome young men.
I love seeing them doing all of those things they enjoy.
They have always loved the outdoors and being "wild" boys.
They are quiet the pair.
 I made them Ninja costumes for Halloween because they loved the cartoon Ninja Turtles.
They were Ninjas for a couple of years.
One winter in Provo they built a huge snow cave in our back yard.
I think it was 2000 that the boys asked if they could hike "M" mountain in Malad
and spend the night.  They loaded themselves up with knifes, bedroll, water and whistle.
They made hammocks to sleep in, one hanging over the other.
There weren't a lot of trees and so the double up with Wind's above Seth's.
Wind's came down on top of Seth's.
Wind went off on his own to "hunt" and couldn't find Seth when returning, 
so he used his whistle that Seth heard.
They returned hungry and wounded.
Seth chowed down on corn while Wind was laying on the bathroom floor trying to pass out
from the sight of his bloody thumb.
I don't know what the heck they are doing here,
but they were pretty serious about their camouflage. 
I should have been more selective in the movies I chose to let them watch.
Often after a movie, I would find them acting out what they just watched.
Once they were running around the backyard with rabbit furs tied around
their waists, one in back and one in front and nothing else on.
Our backyard was not secluded, so all neighbors could see them.
I'm sure it was pretty entertaining at times.
I am sure there was a lot more going on than I knew of, but I'm sure they have plenty
of great memories growing up.
They still are my ninjas.

No comments: