After returning from our camp out Troy and I worked in the yard.
I think it's starting to look like a yard more and more each year.
We keep throwing grass seed down, watering and mowing.
It helps that Rich gave us a riding lawn mower, what a saver.
There are dry weeds out near the pony and goat that Troy lite on fire.
It made me nervous but it was all surrounded by green alfalfa and he had the hose handy.
Troy, "Settle down before someone thinks we are in trouble and need help"
"Stay by the phone in case the fire department calls"
We couldn't burn those weeds for anything, then Troy comes out with a flame thrower,
whatever you call it. I never knew he had one.
I even got to try it, pretty fun torching things, not fun carrying the propane tank around.
That's when he discovered I had drove over the hoses and cut them up.
He wasn't too happy seeing his new hoses damaged.
Later when I was in the house he calls me back outside to show me another hose damaged.
Later that evening he is looking at me,
"Do you want to lecture me more about the hoses?"
"No, I want to beat you"
We planted two cherry trees and an apple tree over by the garden.
I thought he should have planted the apple tree 2 ft closer to the garden but he left it.
An hour later I noticed that he moved it like 6 ft closer, but then we both agreed he moved it to far.
So, he moves it again (right where I thought it should have been in the first place).
After a good, long day in the yard burning, mowing, watering, planting, feeding and hoeing
I made Firecracker Chicken in the the dutch oven on my nifty Volcano.
You can use this with briquettes or propane.
They can be used right on a table and fold up into a small bag.
Good day on the homestead.
I love when Troy is home and we work on improvements around the house.
2 comments:
Kathy. You can write the funniest things. The yard is beautiful. How did you take that picture? On top of the house?
Wow, your garden looks great! I loved what Troy said about the hoses! we all laughed. That volcano thing is neat. What a great way to do dutch oven. I miss you
Post a Comment