Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Mother

 Look at my mother.
My mother is an amazing women.
She grew up with 3 brothers, Jack, Lenny and Bobby running around the neighborhood 
 of Pasadena, southern California getting into mischief while her mother, 
Cetal ran a hair salon out of the garage turned salon.
Mom was pure Tomboy and wasn't afraid to challenge anyone to a fight.
She told me that her first words were swear words.
She was a skinny little girl with the nickname "Olive Oil" (from Pop Eye)
 She had to watch out for herself.
 Heavenly Father was watching after her though.
She had a childhood friend, Mable who would take her to activities at the
Mormon church.
As a young single mother of two, she felt strongly that her children needed
religion in their lives and began her search for a church.
I remember attending a Baptist school, Seventh Day Adventist church and
Four Square church growing up.
When she attended the Mormon church she felt the spirit there and 
felt it was where she needed to be.
I am so grateful for her, her sacrifices, determination, positive attitude and
how she embraces life.
Her life hasn't been easy but I don't remember her ever complaining, 
each day is a new day, now sense in crying about the past.
Mom, you are amazing and your mother would be very proud of you 
and your Heavenly Father is very pleased with you.
I love you very much.
Thank you for everything.


No comments: