
I love having a garden! I am not a very good gardener but I have fun anyway. I loving seeing other gardens, taking note of how they water, arrange their vegies and what they grow. I have done a pretty good job of keeping my weeds out. I have needed to spray Malathion (a pesticide) on my garden twice to keep the grasshoppers from eating it, it seems to be working.

That shed in the background will be my garden shed and I want a chicken coop off the side.

This is the first year I have grown vine peas. They take up less grown space and it keeps the pods off the ground. They are ready to havest!

Sundi, Christy and Julie had gotten three kittens, but when Julie and Christy had to leave for Boot Camp they took all three kittens to Misty & Roland's. When I was down there I took Sundi's kitten, Ms. Fifi home with us. Here she is checking out what I keep throwing in the bucket. She hasn't been outside, so this was quiet an adventure for her.

My beets are ready too. I love pickled beets. Troy doesn't want me to do any canning, he says that it ruins the stove, cost too much in energy, makes a mess of the kitchen and would be cheaper if I just bought everything from the store. I can't help it though, I enjoy the growning, harvesting and canning process.

And again, Ms. Fifi lying in a bed of beet greens in the wheelbarrel!


I have been gone for three days so I was checking over my garden and found this dead zucchini plant! I cannot understand why the one is dead and the other two on either side of it are ok. Strange!

Yum! Zucchini bread and relish time.

Cherry tomatoes, candy on a vine!
2 comments:
Your garden is beautiful..I want to visit and see everything..
We love your garden....
Post a Comment