Troy is tiling Misty's homes that she is building for resale. Hhas been working with a father and son from Romania. The father doesn't speak english. Troy has enjoyed working with them, they have taught Troy a lot about tiling. Troy is so talanted and works very hard. I love him.
I now work for the post office here in Malad. I like it. I sub for Ronda Neal on Saturdays and any days that she is sick or absent. I am a rural carrier for now. I baught me a 94 Chevy Baretta to deliver my mail in. Rural carriers have to provide their own cars. I am in that postal truck trying to manuver it through a course as part of my training. I drove to Pocatello for a week and a day for training. The office here in Malad wants to eventually train me to carry some of the city routes. Our little pony, Dragon Fly loves to run to the neighbor's when she gets loose and visit their horses. She runs through the fields about a half mile, going through fences and around wheel lines. She knows exactly where she is going. She gets pretty upset with Troy when he walks her home though, putting up quiet a fit. Here is Blue on his way to work at Thomas Market as a box boy. He has a drivers permit, but with gas so expensive and only being 2 miles from work we thought it would be better if he rode the bike. He doesn't mind it. He slings his bike lock over his shoulder and plugs his Zune (music i-pod) into his ears and aways he goes. Meet Pongo! This is Casey & Abby Rowan's African Gray Parrot they have had for forever. He is one of their children. Misty was babysitting while they were at Lake Powell. He loves to get out and roam the house. He loves red licorice, that is his treat for getting back into his cage. He gets to talking and sounds just like Casey. Casey has taught him to say many things, our favorite is when he makes a fart sound and then says "fart". Misty and I came home and Pongo was not in his cage or on it. We were looking all over and finally found him in one of the bedrooms on the bed. Blue took him back to his cage. He isn't really an agressive bird but he still makes us a little nervous about being bitten.
"The importance of having a sense of the sacred is simply this--if one does not appreciate holy things, he will lose them. Absent of feelings of reverence, he will grow increasingly casual in attitude and lax in conduct. He will drift from the moorings that his covenants with God could provide. His feeling of accountability to God will diminish and then be forgotten. Thereafter, he will care only about his own comfort and satisfying his uncontrolled appetites. Finally, he will come to despise sacred things, even God, and then he will despise himself." Elder D. Todd Christofferson
Armor of God
click on link to view
"We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude." President Thomas S. Monsson
2 comments:
That bird is awesome and you looke so cute delivery the mail. I couldn't quite see you in the mail truck..I bet you were cute..Mom
Did Troy cut his beard? or is it just tucked into his shirt???? Love you, mom
Post a Comment