Monday, July 28, 2008

Still no computer!

I am down in Utah attending the funeral of Cheree, Mark & Dara Hanson's daughter. Mark is Troy's cousin. She is 20 and has a 5 1/2 month old baby girl, Kayden. She died early July 24th of a drug overdose. I have only met her a few times, and what I remember about her the most is that she had a contagious smile and was very happy, beautiful young person. Her baby smiles just like her. It is such a sad thing. My heart breaks for Mark & Dara's.

My garden has grown so much. I have been eating cilantro, spinach, cherry tomatoes and my first zucchini. Nothing better than saute'd vegies wrapped in a tortilla. I still have billions of grasshoppers but so far they haven't started to eat my garden. My tomato plants are huge and strong but not a lot of fruit, I need to figure out why. My tomato cages that I made are fantastic! Way stronger than the worthless, flemsy ones you can buy at the store. I have several voluntary sunflowers coming up that I decided to keep in the garden, they are always fun.

I am a postal worker now! I deliver rual mail. I like it. I spend an hour sorting my mail and then two hours out in the country all by myself. It's nice. The Malad Valley is a beautiful, pleasant place. There isn't the hussel and bussel, just farmers slowly moving down the road getting their tractors from one field to the next. I can be working in the garden and have people honk and wave while driving by. Malad has really grown on me this last year. I thinks it's because I am central to Seth, Wind and Sundi. It is easy for them to "come home" and visit.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I love your comments on my blog. I love your garden and what you wrote about your city, Malad, oh, most important, I LOVE U...mom