This was our Fourth of July LAST YEAR. No sooner did we leave her from the parade, we went to the grocery store to get things for the day and got a call from the paramedics. After leaving the parade Sundi got into a head on collision. She ended up being ok other than she totaled her car and being very shook up. It is amazing that more didn't happen to her.
This is THIS Fourth of July! Actually the 2nd of July. Seth, Jessica and Wind were getting ready to go long boarding. Seth brought his peddle bike for Jessica to ride along with them. He decided to try and jump the bike out of his lifted truck and this is what happened. His front tire flipped under his tailgate and he grinded his face into the cement road. It makes me sick to look at him. They took him home to his house but later that evening he decided to go to the hospital and get x-rays. He said his neck was hurting pretty bad. Nothing is broken. He has a neck brace and pain meds.
These are the pictures that Wind sent me on the phone. Who would have known someone could do so much damage just from jumping a bike out of the truck. Seth says his neck hurts pretty bad but he and Jessica went to Idaho Falls on the Fourth of July. He did miss work on the 3rd. It is the most painful thing to be parents of children, sometimes it is too unbearable. You try so hard to keep them safe from harm and protect them but then moments like these I realize that I have no power over them. Thank goodness for the only power I do have...PRAYER!
For the Fourth Troy and I went down to watch the parade. The parade gets better every year. The first one I had gone to here was about 20 years ago and it was pathetic. Specially after just moving here from Provo, where they have almost 2 hour long parades with marching bands, bag pipe bands, and many balloon characters. Our little town does pretty good. Troy and I spent the rest of the day at home, excitting huh? Blue spent the night at his friend Weston's to have a game party. He spent the entire day there. We watched "Be Kind Rewind" movie, made dinner and just relaxed. Sundi brought home her boyfriend, Berta, Cynthia and Christy. They had dinner, watched the movie and watched the town fireworks with us. They left for Logan around midnight. The best memory of fireworks here is when they shot them at the Elementary school yard. We were lying on our backs on the a blanket watching. We were so close that you had to lie down to see them. They were really close. After exploding high above us long strands of beaded lights would fall toward us. Troy commented that they seem like they were coming right for us. Sure enough one did and landed right between us on the blanket. We patted it out so it wouldn't start the blanket on fire. They have since moved the fireworks to the fair grounds and we can't get near as close.
It was fun having them come home.
Not too excitting but not uneventful.
These are the pictures that Wind sent me on the phone. Who would have known someone could do so much damage just from jumping a bike out of the truck. Seth says his neck hurts pretty bad but he and Jessica went to Idaho Falls on the Fourth of July. He did miss work on the 3rd. It is the most painful thing to be parents of children, sometimes it is too unbearable. You try so hard to keep them safe from harm and protect them but then moments like these I realize that I have no power over them. Thank goodness for the only power I do have...PRAYER!
For the Fourth Troy and I went down to watch the parade. The parade gets better every year. The first one I had gone to here was about 20 years ago and it was pathetic. Specially after just moving here from Provo, where they have almost 2 hour long parades with marching bands, bag pipe bands, and many balloon characters. Our little town does pretty good. Troy and I spent the rest of the day at home, excitting huh? Blue spent the night at his friend Weston's to have a game party. He spent the entire day there. We watched "Be Kind Rewind" movie, made dinner and just relaxed. Sundi brought home her boyfriend, Berta, Cynthia and Christy. They had dinner, watched the movie and watched the town fireworks with us. They left for Logan around midnight. The best memory of fireworks here is when they shot them at the Elementary school yard. We were lying on our backs on the a blanket watching. We were so close that you had to lie down to see them. They were really close. After exploding high above us long strands of beaded lights would fall toward us. Troy commented that they seem like they were coming right for us. Sure enough one did and landed right between us on the blanket. We patted it out so it wouldn't start the blanket on fire. They have since moved the fireworks to the fair grounds and we can't get near as close.
5 comments:
Seth's face looks like it really hurts. The power of prayer...awesome. I hope he is feeling better. Love you guys..Mom
Wow...great post! Seth's face looks scary. Glad he's ok!
Oh My Gosh! It is so hard to see one of your kids bleeding. Seth's would definately win the Gold in that category. I am glad he is okay. Oh, there are no parades in Phoenix. It is just too hot. We spent it with friends pool hopping in their neighborhood.
OH MY GOSH!! I thought it was make up when I first looked at it! I seriously am so sad for him!! Do you know if they need any help from us??? We're so close I bet there is something we could do! :( Wow, that just made me so sad to see Sundi and Seth hurt! :( Do you remember Ben's car accident last 4th of July? He fell asleep at the wheel and ran the Eurovan into the median and stayed asleep through the whole thing! and not a scratch on him! The car on the other hand...I'm just grateful for shatterproof glass! I hope Seth's pain goes away!! ;(
I looked at his face again tonight...it looks so baaaadddd...
Post a Comment