This is posted late because I accidentally deleted my Easter Day photos off my camera. I was so upset, Jessica was too because I had pictures of her new truck loaded up with the chicken coop we gave her to take home. Jessica had a few photos, but none of the coop in the truck.
What I thought was only going to be Blue, Troy and I home for Easter, ended up being Seth, Jess, Wind, Blue, Troy and I. I was planning Easter dinner and thought I better check with the kids before deciding how much food I needed to prepare. Often I have more company than thought, so I wanted to be prepared. I was so grateful for all of them to come for dinner. When I had called Jess told me they had to be in Mona, Utah at 10 a.m. Easter morning, so they wanted to come down the night before to leave in the morning from our place and would be back for dinner. When I had called Wind he had been invited to his Landlords, Sheila and Dale for dinner. He arrived with Seth and Jessica. I was happy to see him.
Seth bought this truck for Jess because they are trying to sell their Dodge Charger. Seth wants to get himself another Dodge Ram. Jess took me for a ride and let me drive. She is so excited to have it and looks so cute driving it. We loaded up the portable chicken coop, that we built several years ago, ino the back of her truck. It had filled the whole back bed and loomed up behind the cab (wish I had this picture). When they left she headed down the road first in her truck with her coop with Seth and Wind following in the Charger. However, she took off with the Charger keys so I had to chase her down. She got about 3 mi before I could get her attention while honking and swerving behind her.
Misty, my sis-in-law gave me this beautiful china set for Valentine's Day via Troy. I LOVE IT. I hope she does not regret giving it to me. Her and my friend, Allie have been wonderful examples to me. They have always used nice dishes, flowers, ribbon and table cloths to present a beautiful meal. I ask myself, "How would Misty and Allie do this?" I was so excited to set my table. There were so many pieces to each setting, everyone was asking what they were suppose to put in each of their dishes.
Jessica helped me put dinner together and onto the table. Thank you Jess. My dinner was wonderful, if I say so myself. After 25 yrs. you would think I have this down but and I am still learning. I served Cheesy Scallop Potatoes, Frog Eye Salad, Corn Murffins, Strawberry Spinach Salad, Green Beans and Ham. For dessert I made a scrumptious Coconut Cream Pie and Carrot Cake. The only thing missing was Sundi. Her and Chirsty had tickets to General Conference in Salt Lake City that day. They spent the night at Amendola's on Saturday and then headed to conference Sunday morning. I am glad they were able to go, they loved being there.







1 comment:
Kathy, what a wonderful looking dinner at your house and the egg coloring at Misty's looks like it was so much fun. I love the way you tell a story....
Post a Comment