Pam, this is for you. Thank you for asking. Fifi is doing well, I can tell that she is ready to head outdoor again. Her leg looks pretty good, but I think her leg still has a lot of healing to do before we will let her out doors. Her leg looks like it has developed a HUGE scab, that is what the Granulex V is for. I copied this definition from the internet: "Granulex V is a common veterinarian medication that is used to treat the external wounds of large animals, such as horses. Granulex V promotes the healing of the wound by removing dead skin tissue and any organic debris left over from the initial injury and providing an environmentsuitable for the speedy growth of new tissue. The medicine is effective on many types of flesh wounds, such as cuts, scratches and burns." It really is amazing that her leg is healing from such a horrific wound. When I had first seen her I told Troy, "You will have to shoot her." as I walked away not looking. I like to shut my eyes and have someone else take care of the problem.
When I took the dog in to make an appointment for shots, the vet's wife asked how Fifi was doing (and Pumpkin, our orange cat who I brought in years ago, but she remembered him). I am pretty sure she will be fine, but still has a ways to go.
4 comments:
EEWWWW! That is so amazeing that it is actually healing! It is so cool how our bodies, animals too, are made to heal themselves...with a little help. I think my sister had to use that granular X stuff on her horse once for a tear in it's neck from getting caught on a nail. It healed pretty quick. I am sure FIFi is ready to head outdoors soon.
I agree with Pam EEWWW. I am so glad Fifi is healing.
I agree with Pam EEWWW. I am so glad Fifi is healing.
Sorry. I hit publish twice and it printed twice, sorry.
Post a Comment